Visa information


Many students can study in the UK for up to six months without a visa and some nationalities need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

For courses longer than six months, all international students need to apply for a visa before travel.

Burlington School is accredited by Accreditation UK.  We can issue you a letter of acceptance to say you will be studying at Burlington School so you can apply for a Short-Term Study Visa.  

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Do I need a visa to study at Burlington School?
  • How long can I study with a visa?
    • You can study for up to 11 months (if you are aged 16 or over) with a Short-Term Study Visa. 
  • What level of English do I need to apply for a visa?
    • You do not need to show your level of English if you are applying for a Short-Term Study Visa; however, you should have studied English in your own country.
  • How old do I need to be to apply for a visa?
    • If you are 16 years old or more, you can apply for a Short-Term Study Visa for up to 11 months.
  • How much does a visa cost?
    • The cost of a visa depends on what country you are applying from and how long you intend to study. To find the price for your application, see
  • How can Burlington School help me apply?
    • Burlington School offers a pre-application service for students applying for a Short-Term Study Visa. This will help you to find out what you need to do, and will help you make sure you have all the information and documents you need for your application.
    • Please contact us for further information.
  • Any other questions?
    • The UK Government website has full guidance on applying for visas.
    • For Short-Term Study Visas, visit
    • Alternatively, you can contact us , and we will be happy to help.

Standard Visitor Visa


This website is using cookie files

By using our website you agree to our cookie policy.